Word Collage is the iPad equivalent of the incredible website Wordle. For those of you who have never experienced Wordle in the classroom, it is incredible. Take any amount of text, copy it, paste it into the text box, and press "GO". What comes next is the best part. After the app (or if you're using Wordle, the website) loads, you have a collage of the most common words that were used in the text provided. But wait, there's more! If you want to analyze an entire webpage, simply paste in the link where there is an option to do so and it will return a collage of the entire page's common words. For more information, view our tutorial below or email us HERE and we will be happy to help.
Steps for creating a Word Collage
- Download the app!
- Find text that you want to create a collage out of (Safari app, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Notes, etc.)
- Copy the text and paste it into the area where it asks for text
- Press GO and watch your new app churn out a word collage using your desired text
- You can also have the app create a collage about an entire webpage. All you have to do is copy and paste it into the desired URL space
- Change the font, the color palette, the commonly used words, numbers being used, and many other settings