App of the Week: PixnTell
PixnTell is an iPad app for quickly creating simple narrated photo stories.
This app is very user friendly. To create a story using this app, start by picking photos from your existing library of images on your iPad, or take new pictures as you go. Then you can sort your selected pictures, you can reorder them as you would like and, even delete them if you change your mind. Then once you have your timeline finalized, you have the option to record your voice or music over your photos. You can control the timing for each image. Lastly, save and share your presentation with friends and family on Facebook, Youtube, or through email as an .mp4 file. This app is simple to use and can be used by anyone and across all subject matters.
Use Pixntell for:
• Create a historical timeline or oral history projects.
• Create and narrate stories
• Reports, biographies, book trailers
• Explaining scientific processes
• Use it to showcase learning about a topic
• Showing real life situations that use mathematics (for example, creating a presentation on tessellations)
Click here for a video tutorial
Please feel free to e-mail us with any questions or to share how you are using photo stories in your classroom.