Why should you use iPads as part of learning centers? How does it work?
Management Tips and Ideas
How to set up iPads as part of learning centers:
- Choose an app that purposefully targets a skill for instruction or review.
- Post clear instructions at the station to explain how the iPads are to be used.
- Have students prepare the station for the next group of students by restarting the app so that it will be a clean slate.
- Remember that your station does not require a 1:1 ratio of iPad use. You could engage students in activities using 1 iPad per station/small group and have 5 groups, or you could have 1 station of 5 iPads.
How to teach the handling and care of iPads in learning centers:
- Explicitly review how to handle the iPads safely.
- Students should not pick up the iPads; they should leave them on the desk during and after use.
- The teacher should set up the stations and include clear, written instructions at each station.