App of the Week for August 12th: iCell
If you are an elementary, middle or high school teacher and need an interactive way to introduce or review animal, bacteria or plant cells you will find iCell extremely easy to use. The best part, it's free!
Students and teachers will find the 3D view of the cell to be a fun way to engage and classify the cell with a tap of the finger. From basic, intermediate to a more advanced way of learning about the cell.
- Introduce vocabulary through the visual of the 3D cell.
- Use the Basic for elementary and middle school for a quick introduction. Use the advanced for students who just want more information or high school students.
- In a Social Studies class, have students research the discovery of the cell and label the parts of the cell with the person who discovered the cell.
- In a Language Arts class, have students develop their vocabulary by drawing all three types of cells and include the definition next to the part of the cell
- In science or biology have students use the 3D models to quiz each other, review and study or to create their own 3D model.
- In mathematics and/or science have students discuss and write down the size of the cell relative to the parts inside the cell.
Questions on how to integrate this app into the classroom? Please email Mina Blazy or submit a question form below.