This incredible free app allows you to create, color-code, and manipulate decks of notecards. Never bother with laminating or cutting out manipulatives again! Simply have students write, color-code, and sort all on your iPad's screen. Add detailed information or keep it simple - this versatile, useful app can be used in a variety of ways.
Text Version of Instructions
- Tap to open iCardsort Lite on your iPad.
- To add a deck, tap “decks” in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap the + (plus) sign in the top left-hand corner of the “Decks” screen that appears.
- Type a name for the new deck in the “Title” space.
- Tap the desk background to exit the deck menu.
- To add a card, tap the + (plus) sign on the menu bar at the top of the screen. You can repeat this step as often as necessary until you have created all of the cards you need.
- In order to write on a card, tap it twice and type using the keyboard that appears.
- Tap the desk background to exit the card menu.
- Make a card larger by using two fingers to “spread” the size of the card. (“Spread” by placing your thumb and forefinger on the screen close together, then move your fingers apart in opposite directions.)
- Change the colors of cards by tapping twice on a card. When the card menu appears, tap one of the colors shown.
- Tap, hold, and drag to move cards around on your virtual desk.
- This app could be used as an instructional support for brainstorming or review games in any subject.