This is a great app to use that holds thousands of flaschards in its database. Have students use it as a review for key content in almost all subjects and grade levels. Check out the tutorial below for more info.
Text Version of Instructions
This is a very nice flashcard app. Here is the url link for iTunes:
- Click on Flashcards to start.
- You also have the option here to remove adds for 99 cents
- The arrow on the left points to the card stacks in my own library. Click on the + to open the main menu.
- To start with we are going to create our own stack. Click on "Create my own Cards".
- Here we can name our stack
- Here you will see the title for the stack. Click on the button to add a card.
- This text box is going to be the info you want on the front of your card, the place for the question.
- This is the back where you would put your answer. Very simple
- This is what a completed card looks like. I could if I want add more cards.
- This view show the new stack in my library.
- I double click on the stack and the info comes up. Click on study at the bottom right to continue.
- Click start studying button, and you are ready to go.
- This is the question card. Tap on it with your finger to turn it over and show the answer.
- There you go the answer side appears.
- If I wanted go to the next card just flick it with your finger.
- The real power of this program it is ability to access thousands of stacks of cards that are already made. Click on "Download from Quizlet"
- This the first card you come to. Six categories that you can choose from. I'm going to click on the History category.
- As you can see it opens up even more categories. I am going to choose History again.
- Now we are getting a bit more specific. I am going to choose the American Revolution.
- Each one of these is a separate stack. I stopped counting in this category at 100 stacks. The gray number on the right tells you how many cards in a stack.
- I double click on the stack and I can preview it or add it to my library.
- I choose to add and you see that is now shows up in my library.
- Double click on the stack and this info pop up. Click study to proceed.
- This card show you the options you have to present this stack.
- So instead of browsing I am going to go back and search for a specific subject Egypt Vocabulary.
- This is the result. Tons of cards just on Egypt Vocabulary.
- I choose one and add it to my library
- The program confirms you have added a stack
- I want to look at the stack. I double click on it.
- I get the option to look at the front, the back, or both sides.
- I choose both and can preview the whole stack at one time.