How does using iPads 2:1 promote engagement? How do you manage that many iPads?
Management Tips and Ideas
Having so many iPads in one classroom can be difficult to manage. Consider the following as you attempt to manage iPads 2:1 or 1:1 in your classroom...
- Assign each iPad a number.
- Assign each student a particular iPad.
- Students should be responsible for the pick up and return of iPads to a cart.
- Control the flow of students in your classroom by only allowing a few to be out of their seat to pick up/return their iPads at a time.
- Clearly identify the apps that students have permission to use during a given lesson.
- Establish and consistently enforce consequences for utilizing "off-limits" apps during a lesson.
- You may choose to assign a particular iPad to a particular desk and not allow students to walk around with their iPad at all.
- Model technology skills as needed so students do not reach their frustration level.